Every Monday, I will post a list that in some way relates to photography. Upcoming subjects include Apparel Mistakes, What Doesn't Matter (In a Photo Shoot), Pictures You Shouldn't Miss, Unexpected Locations and many others. I have learned so much from my clients since we began this business, and I am hoping to share it with you all.
This week I want to get us thinking outside the box. We all know we need senior, family, and wedding pictures, but what are we missing?
- Anniversary Pictures- I know literally dozens of couples who haven't had a professional picture together in ages. Maybe your wedding photography has become outdated, and you want to try out some new couple poses. Maybe you want to do this as a fantastic anniversary gift for your spouse. Whatever the reason, you are sure to treasure the results forever.
- Grandkids picture- Have a professional session done of all the grandkids in your family. Grandparents love these! How many grandparents do you know that are difficult to find gifts for because they already have everything? This may be the answer : )
- Holiday pictures- Christmas pictures are great, but if your family has other cherished holidays, don't be afraid to incorporate that into a photo session! My family loves the 4th of July, and I have been thinking about us incorporating flags and sparklers into a shoot at some point.
- Showers- as in wedding and baby. Oftentimes, hours and hours of work and planning go into putting on a wedding or baby shower, and little if any of it is documented. This is an occasion often full of emotion, and can highlight the relationships of family and friends. Don't be afraid to hire a professional so you can enjoy the party yourself!
- Likewise, birthday parties are often elaborate affairs these days, with handmade decorations and carefully thought out favors. Be sure to have someone available to document the hard work before in ends up in a storage tote or, worse yet, the garbage can.
- Maternity pictures- I am thankful that these are gaining in popularity. This is such a special and fleeting time, and it is something precious to capture on camera. These are fast becoming one of my favorite kinds of sessions- I am grateful to have a few scheduled in the next couple of months!
- Birth pictures. Newborn pictures are awesome, but don't forget about the birth itself. Think about having someone document the actual event for you. A professional photographer should be able to document your labor and delivery in a tasteful and flattering way. What a memory to capture when you first see your baby! (If you are interested, please don't hesitate to contact us- we love this kind of work!)