Countdown Timer

Function Blocked

Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

I Said Yes to No * An Announcement

If you've spent much time around this blog, you know how this whole thing got started.

It has been a whirlwind, a blessing, and a fantastic roller coaster ride since the beginning.  We are constantly learning so much, and connecting with amazing clients, and watching with wonder how God works.

From the beginning, we have said, "God, this is your baby.  It is on you.  You tell us what you want us to do or not do, and we will obey."

And it's always been a little tricky, because we know that there are some other things God has called us to in the not-so-distant future that mean we can't do [parts of] the business.  How did it fit together?  We had no idea, but we just stepped out in faith, trusting that the Lord would let us know when we needed to know.

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.

-Isaiah 55:8-9

He is faithful.

Last week, as I was doing my devotion, He spoke.  He said it was time to be done with weddings.

My heart sank.

Looking back, I think He had been preparing me for this for a little while, but to me it came as a bit of a shock.  I double-checked, but I was sure that is what He was saying.  I talked to Josh, and the decision was officially made.

We are done booking new weddings.

Of course, we will shoot all the weddings we have already booked.  We only have 4 weddings left, and I plan to cherish every one of them.  And you might see one on here now and again if we do one for family or close friends (those are still fair game).  But life as we know it at 1000 Words Photography is about to change.

****We will still do all our other forms of portraiture, just not weddings.****

So, you will continue to see all those here, in addition to many weddings we've already shot and simply not posted about.

I am not exactly sure about God's reasoning or timing on this, but we are 100% sure that this is what He is calling us to.  The decision to obey was hard, to be completely honest with you.  I grieved it.  But as soon as I surrendered my whole heart to it, I had complete peace.  Better yet, amazing things started to happen!  There are some really cool opportunities that have arisen, and I can't wait to share them with you.  However, those are for a different time and different post.

Thank you for bearing with us through the twists and turns, and for continuing to support us.  Our clients are one of the greatest gifts we've experienced through this endeavor, and we can't wait to see what else God has in store!


XOXO

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow Me

Follow Me On Facebook Follow Me On Twitter Subscribe To This Blog Email Me

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Where Our Visitors Come From

Locations of Site Visitors

Grab My Button

1000 Words Photography

About Me

My photo
Follower of Christ. Wife. Orphan Carer. Midwesterner. Adoption supporter. Marriage and Family Therapist. Researcher. Photographer. Recovering perfectionist. Lover of Summer, Travel, Vintage, Sunshine, Crafts, Peace, and Simplicity.
There was an error in this gadget

Blog By

Our Princess in PigTails Designs

Search This Blog