Countdown Timer

Function Blocked

Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Valentine's Day Contest * True Love

We all know at least one.  Those couples who have been together for a lifetime- 40, 50, even 60 years. Although often overlooked, they inspire me.

True love isn't always pretty or fun or sexy like in the movies.  It isn't always easy and is built in the hard times.  
When you have 5 kids under the age of 5 and you work opposite shifts to raise them.
When there is no money to be had and the only way you survive is God's provision.
When there is a health crisis, and it would be so much easier to walk away- but you stay.
When you are hurt by what your partner says or does, but choose to forgive them.
When your loved one's mind starts to deteriorate, and they can't remember you anymore.

And a million other kinds of hard.

And these lifelong couples I speak of, they have made the choice to love through the hard.  When they don't feel like it, or want to give up, or see what seems like a better option, they remain committed.

I want that in my life, and in the lives of those I love.

I seriously work with some of the most beautiful and crazy-in-love couples, and that's a part of my job that I adore.  While lifelong couples might not always be in their physical prime, they have a beautiful story to tell.

I want to tell that story.

Since I began this business, I have been dreaming of working with one of these couples, of capturing this gift they have on film.  Today seems like the right day to ask you to nominate a special lifelong couple for this contest.  Here are some details:

  • Please tell me in 150 words or less why your couple deserves to win.  Email your entry to ngwilke@gmail.com or message me on our Facebook page.
  • The couple must be available for a shoot in Southern MN, the Twin Cities area, or the within an hour or so of the Menomonie/Eau Claire area within the next 2 months.
  • The couple will win a free photo shoot, digital negatives, shared copyright, and a free 11x14 print!
Please feel free to nominate more than one couple!!! 

1 comments:

Shannon Dahle said...

Beautiful pictures! :)

Post a Comment

 

Follow Me

Follow Me On Facebook Follow Me On Twitter Subscribe To This Blog Email Me

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Where Our Visitors Come From

Locations of Site Visitors

Grab My Button

1000 Words Photography

About Me

My photo
Follower of Christ. Wife. Orphan Carer. Midwesterner. Adoption supporter. Marriage and Family Therapist. Researcher. Photographer. Recovering perfectionist. Lover of Summer, Travel, Vintage, Sunshine, Crafts, Peace, and Simplicity.
There was an error in this gadget

Blog By

Our Princess in PigTails Designs

Search This Blog