Countdown Timer

Function Blocked

Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

An Engagement In Wonderland * Menomonie Engagement Photographer

When we moved to western Wisconsin, we knew very little about the place.  We never got a chance to visit before I accepted my offer to my graduate program (we were overseas), and just prayed God would give us grace to endure whatever we needed to endure.

But oh. my. word.  It is gorgeous here!!!

Don't get me wrong- southern MN will always be home, and it is the most beautiful place in the world to me- seriously. 

But western Wisconsin is like home with cliffs and hills and more woods thrown in.  It was BREATHTAKING during the fall, but I was too wrapped up in school and shoots to take the time to photograph it (I'm sure it will beautiful this year, too).  We found a place we liked to hike, and when we went hiking with my brother after a HUGE blizzard, we were greeted by the most amazing frozen waterfall I have ever seen.  Well, it was the only frozen waterfall I have ever seen, but it was definitely still amazing!

I had known before I saw it that I wanted to bring Mike and Laurie there for their engagement session.  I thought we would just be in the canyon, this peaceful, restful, glorious place where I can see God's fingerprints everywhere I turn.

But this?  It was almost more than I could handle!

Mike and Laurie are already adorable and outgoing and (obviously) photogenic.  I know Laurie from school, and her petite physical size is deceiving- this girl has a larger-than-life personality.  She is also kind-hearted, compassionate, and brilliant.  And, of course, beautiful.  It's easy to see why Mike loves her!  I didn't meet him until the day of our session, and I had no idea what he would be like.  Imagine my surprise at finding out he is just as extroverted as Laurie!  So, needless to say, our shoot was more than a litte fun!

Also, the blog makeover is inspiring a bunch of fun new changes.  We're starting something new with engagements- if the couple gets 25 comments on their blog post in 25 hours, they will recieve a FREE 11x14 print from 1000 Words Photography by Nicole Wilke.  So show Mike and Laurie some love, and post a comment below!

Okay, enough rambling from me- let's get to the pictures!  But, there are so many that I L-O-V-E, that I will have to put up two different  posts.  Check back tomorrow for the rest.
"Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction." Antoine de Saint-Exupery

41 comments:

Nicole said...

Hi Everyone! Sorry about the mixup with the comment section! You should be able to post your comments now. If you can't, let me know (ngwilke@gmail.com). Thanks for stopping by our blog!

Anonymous said...

Love them!

Anonymous said...

amazing couple & pics!

Anonymous said...

beautiful pics! congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Looking pretty spiffy, kids. :)

Anonymous said...

The best is the "over the shoulder" carry. I hope you got a good spanking too while you up there...you deserve it! JH

Anonymous said...

Where was the shooting location?

Anonymous said...

the pictures are adorable! I love the one with the ice in the background.

Anonymous said...

Aaawwww.... love the pics! My fave are the close up of u two! Yay! Congrats again!

Willi said...

Gorgeous pictures!

Anonymous said...

great pics. love the location.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!!!!!

Kate said...

Love love LOVE the pics!!! They're all gorgeous-- I esp love the far away shot of the kiss by the frozen waterfall and also the rings on the frozen branches. Great job Nicole and congrats Laurie and Mike!!! KEB

Anonymous said...

Absolutly breath taking...Congrats Mike and Laurie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The rings on the branches are definitely my favorite. Very original.

Beautiful photos all around.

Anonymous said...

The frozen waterfall really gives the pictures a nice touch! Cute!

Kelsey said...

Laurie and Mike~ you both look as happy and in love as ever. I'm so blessed to be part of your lives and am excited to seeing you guys again once I come home!

My favorite is the one of Mike hugging Laurie from behind and they're both smiling :)

Matthew Johnson said...

I'm pitching a tent right now... You guys you look fantastic!!!

Matthew Johnson said...

I forgot a comma, and it's making me angry...

You guys, you look fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Great pics, congrats you guys! Love the icicles!!

Anonymous said...

These photos are simply gorgeous! The love and joy you two share together shows so much in every photo. Love to you too and great job Nicole capturing the essence of these two beautiful souls.

Amy

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are wonderful :) The location is absolutely gorgeous and of course the two of you are as well!

Anonymous said...

I love the location of your pictures!!! Gorgeous pictures!! Congrats to you both!! :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!! Congratulations Laurie and Mike! Love, Karla

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Pics, LOVE LOVE LOVE the couple! cant wait to see the big day, your buddy FAZ

Anonymous said...

You two are too cute, I am still laughing from seeing Mike doing the viking carry. Classy ride, Laurie! :) The photography is fantastic as well! ATN

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures! Great background! You look good together.
Congratulations, Laurie and Mike!

Angela said...

The photos are so cute! My favorite is I think the third one with the waterfall of giant icicles... one good thing about living in minnesota and taking engagement pictures during the wedding. Great job Nicole, and congrats Mike and Laurie!

Stuart said...

You look beautiful, Kids.

Some of my Favs:

I enjoy the dynamic feeling from the angle in this kissing photo
http://jnwilke.smugmug.com/1000-Words-Photograpy/Couples-Engagements/Mike-Laurie/DSC6850/1164010642_aD9w3-XL.jpg

In the two piggy-backing photos
http://jnwilke.smugmug.com/1000-Words-Photograpy/Couples-Engagements/Mike-Laurie/Blog/1164011502_YC7ST-XL.jpg
and
http://jnwilke.smugmug.com/1000-Words-Photograpy/Couples-Engagements/Mike-Laurie/Blog/1164011664_fzfaB-XL.jpg
I enjoy Laurie's hair in the second frame of the first photo, and Laurie attempting to piggy-back Mike in the second :D

http://jnwilke.smugmug.com/1000-Words-Photograpy/Couples-Engagements/Mike-Laurie/Blog3/1164011848_WFLzo-XL.jpg
This is my favorite overall for showing both the full scenic background and one of my favorite poses of the set from the couple.

Excellent work, Nicole! Congratulations, Laurie & Mike!

cathy said...

these are amazing!!!!! Loved them!

Tyler said...

Wow, those are amazing photos! You guys should tell me where I can find that place, the background was beautiful.

Tiffany said...

The Pictures are amazing!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures!!! I went to school in Eau Claire and never knew something like this existed so close!

Congrats Mike and Laurie, love you both
--Katie Humbert

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful photos! I especially love the different color selections. Congrats to the happy couple!

Anonymous said...

You guys look awesome!

Anonymous said...

I think my favorite is the one with Laurie over Mike's shoulder.

Also, spectacular location...Absolutely Gorgeous!

Jeri Bitney said...

Laurie and Mike, the photos are GREAT!! Laurie, I can see why you were so excited about the photographer. (You are so dang cute.)

Anonymous said...

A lot I bet envy your relationship, how they wish they have a love like yours and Mike. But I bet those who envy you are all very happy for both of you, thanks for sharing with us your engagement photos, we surely had a wonderful time looking at it! LOve you guys!
Auntie Marichu

Coral Riggs said...

Very pretty pics! Great background! Congrats!

~Coral

Sara said...

Beautiful Pictures! You two are adorable. I love all the icicle photos especially :)

-Sara

Brandon said...

Fantastic!

Post a Comment

 

Follow Me

Follow Me On Facebook Follow Me On Twitter Subscribe To This Blog Email Me

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Where Our Visitors Come From

Locations of Site Visitors

Grab My Button

1000 Words Photography

About Me

My photo
Follower of Christ. Wife. Orphan Carer. Midwesterner. Adoption supporter. Marriage and Family Therapist. Researcher. Photographer. Recovering perfectionist. Lover of Summer, Travel, Vintage, Sunshine, Crafts, Peace, and Simplicity.
There was an error in this gadget

Blog By

Our Princess in PigTails Designs

Search This Blog