Countdown Timer

Function Blocked

Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Be Mine

I love love. If you don't already know that, I would recommend that you go back and read the intro at the top of the page : )

I am not necessarily talking about the mushy, romantic, sugary-sweet, pink-and-red-hearts, butterflies-in-your-tummy kind of love (although that can be nice, too).

What inspires me is true love. I believe God is the source of love, is love personified, and real love is modeled on how He loves us.

Sacrifice.

Servanthood.

Commitment.

I have been blessed to have role models in my life who have truly loved, who have shown me that it's possibly to love one person for your whole life. I owe them a debt of gratitude.

But when God sent my husband into my life, I saw Christ's love personified in a new way. He teaches me about love everyday, by his example. Even though we are imperfect beings, by God's grace we have been allowed to be a part of a love relationship that, according to Scripture, reflects God's love.

I could go on and on about my valentine, but I won't. At least not here. If you would like to read a bit more about my amazing husband, check out this post I wrote over at my other blog.

For now, I will leave you with an image I took of the two of us (using a timer) on the coast of Namibia.

2 comments:

Kelly @ Love Well said...

Ummm ... I've got a newborn coming in May who will need a personal photographer. And then I'm going to need some new family shots to update my blog header. Will you be available?!?

Nicole said...

I was hoping you would say that...or I would have to beg (which I would). I would be honored- can't wait!!!!

Post a Comment

 

Follow Me

Follow Me On Facebook Follow Me On Twitter Subscribe To This Blog Email Me

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Where Our Visitors Come From

Locations of Site Visitors

Grab My Button

1000 Words Photography

About Me

My photo
Follower of Christ. Wife. Orphan Carer. Midwesterner. Adoption supporter. Marriage and Family Therapist. Researcher. Photographer. Recovering perfectionist. Lover of Summer, Travel, Vintage, Sunshine, Crafts, Peace, and Simplicity.
There was an error in this gadget

Blog By

Our Princess in PigTails Designs

Search This Blog